Saturday, February 27, 2010

Borough Market




Today, I went to Borough Market, a really nice food market by London Bridge, to meet my friend Alisa from camp who I hadn't seen in years and I just found out she is spending the semester in London at UCL! We walked around the market and tried free samples and then I got an ostrich burger- yes ostrich! It kind of tasted like sausage and had a mustard sauce, mayonaisse, cranberry sauce and carmelized onions with it- and was surprisingly delicious! Then we had some mulled wine- which is hot wine that kind of tastes like hot sangria and walked around London Bridge. Then I took the tube back and met up with Tara, Danielle and Jordan on Oxford Street (a street with a lot of shopping) and went to a few stores. I also picked up my new glasses- I got 2 new pairs of glasses because I needed a new pair and there was a 2 for 1 deal! At night, we went out to dinner at Wagamama- a restaurant that has chinese style noodle dishes and had plum wine to drink- in Camden. Then we went to a bar called "The Worlds End" which was huge and was tons of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment