Thursday, April 15, 2010

Brighton







Danielle and I decided to go to Brighton on Saturday on a whim. I'd heard from one of my colleagues that there's a beach there and you could catch a train from Victoria station for 20 pounds. The sound of a beach after 3 months of rain in London sounded pretty good to me. So Danielle and I went to the train station at 11 Saturday morning and hopped on a train to Brighton (with no plans or any clue where to go from there). A 2 hour train/bus ride later, we arrived in Brighton, which is pretty much my new favorite place in the world. The weather was perfect, the sun was out and it was warm but not too hot. The beach was beautiful and it was a rock beach which was cool. We rented chairs on the beach and bought sandwhiches for lunch and sat in the sun reading for a few hours. Then we walked around on the board walk and to a carnival they have on the pier. We split fish and chips and a burger for dinner and then around 6 headed back on the train. It was a perfect relaxing day, definitely one of the highlights of my trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment