Friday, April 23, 2010

Last day in London!

It's funny how you always want what you can't have. When I found out the Volcano erupted and I might be stuck in London I wanted nothing more than to go home right at that instant, however, now that *hopefully* the flights are running as scheduled and I should be getting home tomorrow I'm really sad to leave London and feel like I could stay here forever. I spent my last day in London taking pictures of my everyday route, from my flat on Praed Street to the tube at Edgware Road Station, on the Circle Line to Gloucester Road Station, the walk from Gloucester Road to Cromwell Road to go to my classes at Capa, down the street past Sainsbury's (where I go grocery shopping) to Collingham. I went to my favorite market, Borough Market, for Lunch and then finished up my packing at my flat. At night, Tara, Jordan, Carrie and I went to see the Lion King which was amazing. I really can't believe that this is my last day, it's weird. Even if I come back to London it will never be the same. I'll never be in this flat again, I'll never have my own room here, my own kitchen, my own place to call "home". I'll never have a job here, or take classes. If I come back I'll just be another tourist, but right now London feels like my home. It's a really strange feeling and I'm really sad to leave but ofcourse I'm really excited to go home and see everyone again, it's just strange to think about the life I'm leaving behind here. I really couldn't have asked for a better semester, I've loved everything about London and about my internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment